Monday, November 8, 2010


Carroll joy at Arsenal scalp

Magpies striker delighted with Emirates glory

Carroll joy at Arsenal scalp
Carroll: Delighted
    Andy Carroll has expressed his delight at scoring the winner in Newcastle's surprise 1-0 success at Arsenal on Sunday.
    The Magpies are a side in form and followed up their 5-1 drubbing of Sunderland in the Tyne-Wear derby with an unexpected Emirates win.
    Few predicted Chris Hughton's troops would topple the title challengers, but Carroll was quietly confident they could pinch a result.
    The powerful forward, whose off-field actions have drawn attention this season, is reportedly in the frame for England selection for their upcoming friendly with France, a debate he is unwilling to enter.
    The 21-year-old has now taken his Premier League tally to six goals for the season and has been delighted with the service from his team-mates.

    Buzzing

    "It's great to come to Arsenal and get the three points," he told the club's official website. "All the lads in the changing room are buzzing.
    "Not many teams come here and get a point, never mind three, so I think we've done great to get that.
    "I spoke to you the other day and mentioned to you that all the lads were looking forward to it after the Sunderland game.
    "We were confident we could come down here and get the three points - and we showed that we were right to be that confident, and got the points.
    "Obviously, it hadn't been the best of days for me. But it was a great ball from Joey (Barton) and I just got on the end of it. It means a lot to me.
    "I've got the players around me to put crosses in and give me the service that I need, so I think if it keeps continuing like that there's loads more goals for me there this season."

    No comments:

    Post a Comment